RTest, a random testing framework

Fawzi Mohamed fmohamed at mac.com
Wed Jul 23 00:20:47 PDT 2008

On 2008-07-23 00:54:49 +0200, BCS <ao at pathlink.com> said:

> Reply to Fawzi,
>

>> ok I see how this could work, you have one where clause for each
>> generator, and that is used to pick up the type and the address of the
>> variable and store them is some structure (like a Variant).
>> Then subsequent messages would set the generator, and maybe
>> constraints.
>> It could be done, and would be an interesting and challenging
>> project...
>> Would it be easier to use or simpler to implement than string mixins?
>> I don't know, probably not, still an interesting approach.
>>

> Easier to use, yes. For one, it would syntax highlight correctly!

fair enough

>  Also the parse errors get better messages.

well I spent some effort in making that better, if there is a syntax
error it caches it and writes your a message saying there is and error,
your arguments and the core part of the generated mixin.
Not perfect, but much better than the default behavior.

>  Easier to write? probably not, but it might not be harder either.

true, in my case expression mixin (a D 2.0 feature) would have made the
interface and usage a little bit better, but well...

Fawzi