D and the demo scene

Mike vertex at gmx.at
Wed Jul 23 04:37:38 PDT 2008

It just occured to me that D would be THE perfect language for the demo
scene. Inline assembler, all those C libraries at hand, pointer tricks,
all there.

Those guys are high school kids open to new ideas/languages, they write
mostly every project from scratch, they're the guys who get hired by
gaming companies (and gaming is in my opinion THE number 1 market where D
has potential to become industry standard). So - I think - it would be
easy to get a bunch of them to adopt D and it could have the long-lasting
benefit of getting D users into gaming companies.

What do you think?

-Mike