Unofficial wish list status.(Jul 2008)

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Jul 23 15:17:38 PDT 2008

Yigal Chripun:
> Walter, please take a look at the design used by Nemerle.
> The language designers of Nemerle achieved a _very_ pluggable
> architecture via Macros (probably identical to your idea of AST macros).

OMeta is better, it's a tiny metalanguage, that can be implemented in various languages (already done: javascript, scheme, Python, Cola, and maybe more):
http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~awarth/ometa/
This is a (partial, but already usable) Python implementation, PyMeta:
http://washort.twistedmatrix.com/
I am sure that OMeta will shake the world of computer science.

Bye,
bearophile