Wish: Variable Not Used Warning

Ary Borenszweig ary at esperanto.org.ar
Mon Jul 28 04:24:01 PDT 2008

Jussi Jumppanen a écrit :
> Bruno Medeiros Wrote:
>
>> Before some people here say they don't use an IDE, but
>> instead use <editor foo with syntax highlighting and
>> little more than that> and are fine with it,
>
> I would say that the reason developers still prefer to code with
> text editors rather than IDE's is they find the text editor more
> productive. Eclipse based IDE are just far too slow for a good
> developer's fingers.

In Eclipse there's a time delay you can configure before autocompletion
proposals appear (by default 200ms). That means that if you are faster
than that delay (your claim), the IDE won't help you. Buf if you do wait
a little, probably because you don't know what all the possible
autocompletions are, then it will show the popup with suggestions.

I can't see how that is worse than not having autocompletion at all,
plus not having go-to-definition or semantic highlighting.