Spell checking in Descent (OT?)

Peter C. Chapin pcc482719 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 07:20:00 PDT 2008

This is a question about Descent and so may be off topic here... if so I
apologize. Is there a more appropriate forum for Descent questions?

I just installed Descent and so far it seems to be working fine.
However, in my current configuration I am seeing quite a few words being
highlighted as misspelled... for example words like "int" and "writefln."

I can disable spell checking but I see that it is a global setting
(true?) and I don't necessarily want it disabled for my other (non-D)
projects. I notice that the configuration of the JDT has spell checking
enabled and yet words like "int" are not highlighted as misspelled. In
fact, in my Java code the only words I notice that are marked as
misspelled are in my comments... even program identifiers such as
"argCount" are not highlighted. Is the JDT just smarter about this than
Descent or am I missing something?

Peter