Sharing in D

superdan super at dan.org
Thu Jul 31 22:25:33 PDT 2008

Walter Bright Wrote:

> Craig Black wrote:
> > If I understand it correctly, then you are going down the right path with
> > this stuff.  IMO, the ultimate goal is a programming language that is
> > thread-safe by default, just as a GC language is memory-safe by default.
>
> You aren't the first to note the analogy to GC!

yeh i could swear i read an article about that. was his name grosh or so? interesting shit that was.

i finally read bartosz' stuff. the basic idea looks cool. i bet there will be much kinks to work out tho. fwiw perl does similar shit in one of its many attempts at threads. aside from being slow like molasses in the winter the model is clean. problem is perl must duplicate a lot more shit than d has. so things stand good for d. pooling will help a ton too.