[~ot] why is programming so fun?

Russell Lewis webmaster at villagersonline.com
Mon Jun 2 14:12:55 PDT 2008

Walter Bright wrote:
> My difficulty with the higher power explanation is one is left wondering
>  how the higher power came to be. Did a higher higher power create it?
> And you know where that is going <g>.

Remember that any system of reality has to start with one pre-existent
entity (or collection).  If you ask where it came from, the most common
answers are either (a) it was always there or (b) it sprang from
nothingness into being.  The concept of God, and the concept of a
godless universe, are both subject to the same causality paradox.