[~ot] why is programming so fun?

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Mon Jun 2 14:12:57 PDT 2008

Reply to Aarti_pl,

> Walter Bright pisze:
>
>> Gregor Richards wrote:
>>
>>> and so they think "Wow, given the extremely low odds that a
>>> protozoan would appear by random chance, we must have been created
>>> by a higher power!" Idiots.
>>>
>> My difficulty with the higher power explanation is one is left
>> wondering how the higher power came to be. Did a higher higher power
>> create it? And you know where that is going <g>.
>>
> This argument is rather easy to answer <g>, as it is based on
> assumption that "higher power" has to have beginning. If you remove
> this assumption your question would become pointless. (Christians
> claims indeed that God has no beginning). Additionally you can ask
> similar question: what was before 'Big Bang' and you have same problem
> to answer it.

nice. One view even holds that the concept of "everlasting" with it's inherent
binding to time is inapplicable to god. Like the god as an author model (see
my other reply); Where was the author before the first page of the book,
and where does he go after the last page? The question is as meaningless
as; what is the conversion rate from the color red to US dollars?