[~ot] why is programming so fun?

Chris Wright dhasenan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 05:45:18 PDT 2008

Gregor Richards wrote:
> Evolution is based on overwhelming amounts of evidence, and yes, I'll
> say it: Anyone who does not believe in evolution when presented with the
> evidence is irreparably incompetent. I have no respect for these people.
> Evolution is repeatable, and evolution has been observed numerous times
> and in numerous situations, not just in the fossil record but in current
> times. That includes speciation, although these idiots generally choose
> to ignore all the examples of speciation.

A large number of people go out of their way to remain ignorant of such
evidence. They put their trust in people who have an emotional stake in
the matter to give them accurate answers rather than spending weeks or
months of effort researching the matter sufficiently to come to a
conclusion. Though I'm sure, given the chief arguments from each side,
one could efficiently verify it. -- I suppose that means that evolution
is in NP.