[~ot] why is programming so fun?

Clay Smith clayasaurus at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 06:30:23 PDT 2008

BCS wrote:
> Reply to Clay,
>
>> /philosophical rant
>>
> [...]
>> 'And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall
>> say to the sons of Israel, `I AM has sent me to you.'"'
>>
>> I figure the best answer to the question of 'who created God,' would
>> be that God simply 'is.'
>
> I don't know if you known this (and I can't find a reference) but IIRC
> the way that "I Am" is stated there is unusual in that it is absolute.
> It actually translates as "I am, always have been and always will be"
>
> BTW: Correct me if I'm wrong

You are right, I don't see a difference between what I stated and what
you stated. My point is the big bang has the same problem of 'who
created god,' and that the best answer I can think of is that there is
some element of the universe that 'always has been and always will be,'
could be the universe itself, could be 'God,' could be a megaverse from
which all universes spawn from, but the whole 'everything comes from
something' deal has to end somewhere, where ultimately you need
something that just 'is' from which everything was created.