[~ot] why is programming so fun?

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Wed Jun 4 10:29:45 PDT 2008

Reply to Yigal,

> a general reply to anyone claiming that being atheist is a religion:

Nor, arguably, is Christianity, they are both systems of faith.

> religious people assume that everyone must have a faith in something
> so they interpret an atheist as someone who believes in a lack of a
> higher power, a belief of realism, a belief in logic and causality, etc..
> this is false.

> atheist means without a faith. not a faith in an opposite claim.

I claim that the question of the existence of god is relevant in every life.
The atheist says "I think there is no god" and acts on that assumption. The
theist does the reverse. Neither has proof yet both act (because you can't
/not/ act). Therefor both act on faith (belief without proof). I don't see
any functional difference regarding faith.