[~ot] why is programming so fun?

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Wed Jun 4 10:30:11 PDT 2008

Reply to Chris,

> BCS wrote:
>
>> I see in the universe a creator that has attributes like humor, an
>> appreciation for beauty and an interest in relationships.
>>
> Where?

Go take a look at a Paleontology reference and look at all the odd things
that have lived on this planet. Then read Gen 2:19:

"Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every
bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them.
And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name."

I can just see it, God and the angles are sitting around and one of the angles
says: "Now make one with 5 horns and see what he calls it!" Even without
the bible reference, I can't think of any reason for some animals except
as a fantastic joke. I'm a little surprised that The Far Side never did that
one.