[~ot] why is programming so fun?

Manfred Nowak svv1999 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 5 17:21:52 PDT 2008

Georg Wrede wrote:

> Apology: In this post I'm just mudding the waters, I'm not
> actually pursuing my own points here.
That's completely okay.

> Well, if that structure (or whatever) actually did create logic
> and reasoning, then obviously logic and reasoning is something
> within what he created (i.e. our universe).
Please note, that the act of creation allows at least me to conclude
that that structure has some state, which may change; I don't dare to
write "over time".

> That is, the best we
> can do is try to think and reason logically, but since they are
> his creation (and presumably he created them to sort-of "rule" or
> be "valid" in this universe he created), he himself is beyond
> their realm.
But only if the structure wants to be beyond their realm. This does
not exclude that the structure will use its powerfulness to become
part of the realm it created. Please note, that staying out of some
realm allows at least me to conclude that there is another part of
state within that structure.

> And they sure couldn't do any successful reasoning
> about me existing or not existing, or about my world or life. Not
> with their crappy "logic"!
Therefore they are unable to recognize that you may have faded away.

> So, what I'm saying (I guess), is that assuming or reasoning about
> a god who created logic and reason -- is simply futile.
I see this exception: the created logic may allow for proving the
existence of its creator.

> OTOH, the above statement, of course, is the result of my logical
> thought process, and therefore as futile, too!
> OTTH, so is the now-above statement.
> (Am I on a wild goose chase here?)   :-)
Try to hide behind the tree over there :-)

-manfred