[~ot] why is programming so fun?

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 21:31:58 PDT 2008

Hello Simen,

> John Reimer Wrote:
>
>> This God has not only set the standard that defines evil but has also
>> promised to judge all evil finally.  And he also defined how one is
>> saved from this evil.   Does Epicurus decide for himself what he sees
>> as evil in the process of "disproving" God?  What does Epicurus
>> perceive "evil" to mean?
>>
>> The strange thing is that people continue to complain about evil but
>> refuse to turn away from it in their own lives, or to adopt the plan
>> that frees them from that bondage to it.
>>
> Ah, but which religion is correct, then? Muslims will claim christians
> are infidels, christians will say the same of hindus, etc, and none of
> them have any more proof than the next.
>
> Speaking of hindus, my parents shared a nice story after their visit
> in India. They were invited off the street to a wedding, and asked if
> it was a hindu wedding, as they were christians. The host answered,
> "The gods are the same for everyone", and let them in.

Do you wish to argue on behalf of Islam and Hinduism?  The topic of discussion
was not Christianity verses these religions.  It was a discussion about theism
and atheism.  It seems you prefer to move the topic off its original focus
for some reason.  Is this meant to concede the God exists, and now we should
discuss the most likely form in which he exists? :)

-JJR