DDBI and SQLite Troubles

Chris R. Miller lordSaurontheGreat at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 16:00:38 PDT 2008

lurker wrote:
> hi,
>
> did anyone by chance already do a library for sedna?
>
> http://modis.ispras.ru/sedna/
>
> other then that, i tink that one of the big drawbacks od D is missing DB libs as was said before.

The nearest approximation to Sedna that I know of is DDBI's Sqlite
layer, which only shares the similarity that it's not through a network.

Using XQuery it looks like you could build a Sedna layer for DDBI,
though after talking with Lars it sounds like the contract from
IPreparedStatement is slated to change in the future, so it would be
more like hitting a moving target.

If you want to see Sedna in D, or more specifically in DDBI, you should
first create a D port of Sedna, then a D port of the XQuery stuff that
you would use to translate SQL to Sedna stuff.  By the time you're done
with all that DDBI might be to a point that it will no longer be such a
moving target.  I cannot make any certain prediction, but that's what
I'd wager.

Of interest if you really want to do that is the XML capability spread
across Tango, Sendero, Mango, Tango Scrapple, and DWin.  I also think
that Chris E. wrote some XML stuff that would be on his site
www.dprogramming.com, but I could be mistaken.