Help to improve speed

Jacob Carlborg doobnet at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 09:38:46 PDT 2008

I have an application that maps numbers to words from a list of words
written in Ruby. I've ported the application to D and it's terrible slow
  and I don't know why. With a file of around 60 000 words and a file
with around 25 000 numbers the Ruby application takes around 3 seconds
and my D port takes around 209 seconds to finish. It's probably not well
coded, I just tried to port it but over 200 seconds longer doesn't feel
right.

I've attached the Ruby and D files.