erlang-vs-scala

renoX renosky at free.fr
Mon Jun 9 14:16:24 PDT 2008

Sean Kelly a écrit :
> == Quote from renoX (renosky at free.fr)'s article
[cut]
>> Also, I disagree about the 'ease' of learning Erlang: Erlang has an
>> alien syntax (which I don't like much) and an alien way of doing things
>> (single assignment) which is not so easy for developers..
>
> I disagree.  The Erlang syntax is really pretty straightforward.

Sure, but straightforward isn't the same as easy to learn: you cannot
make a syntax more straightforward than Lisp's syntax but this doesn't
make the language easy nor pleasant to learn..
Why? Because it's different from what we're used to.

And what about the single assignment?
Personally I'm not fond of functional programming only.

Regards,
renoX