Adding D Editor Support

Georg Wrede georg at nospam.org
Thu Jun 12 17:38:19 PDT 2008

John A. De Goes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're adding support for the D language to UNA
> (http://www.n-brain.net). The Personal Edition has been released free
> of charge (down from $100).
>
> However, none of us have used D so we'd like a bit of help.
>
> We've added support (in dev version) to matching messages of the
> form:
>
> foo.d(5): Warning: silly variable name foo.d(5): Error: spelling
> error in variable name "foobir"
>
> Assuming this is correct, we'd like to proceed with adding commonly
> used source code constructs, D idioms, and so forth. We call this
> 'source snippets'. Each source snippet has a few letter textual key.
> Typing that key and invoking the source snippet button inserts the
> snippet.
>
> So I'm soliciting for everyone's favorite source snippet.

Either there's something about your company that those who've already
posted in this thread know and don't like, or the guys simply were in a
bad mood.

Personally I'm glad that D support is being added by a new vendor, that
is always welcome.

---

You've already probably downloaded the DMD compiler to get the
documentation and lists of reserved words, etc. Witht that same download
comes a wealth of source code, from which it should be possible to
collect the most used idioms.

They aren't all that different from what the typical Java or C idioms
are, so it might be enough to just have most basic construct snippets.