D learning curve

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 05:15:02 PDT 2008

To answer one of your questions...
  gdmd has the same command-line usage as dmd.  This allows tools to be written in one way but use either dmd or gcc as their compiler.  For example, dmd and gdmd use -release while gdc uses -frelease.

Also, I'm sure the newsgroup would be interested in hearing why you couldn't get dsss to work reliably.  The configs are usually very simple.  What problems did you hit?  Setting the initial config?  Writing the config file in your source directory? Lack of module declarations?