Adding D Editor Support

BLS nanali at nospam-wanadoo.fr
Fri Jun 13 05:29:51 PDT 2008

John A. De Goes schrieb:
> Hi Bjoern,
>
> Yes, this is possible. You just use a macro in the source snippet, e.g. ${CLASS}, and then when you insert it, it places the caret at the first macro: filling it in replaces all instances of the macro, and hitting Enter takes you to the next one. No pop up dialogs, but it accomplishes the same thing (with less invasiveness and annoyance).

That is pretty cool!

> Where do DWT and JFace fit into the grand scheme of things? That is, are they as ubiquitous in D as Swing and SWT are in the Java community?

DWT is "per se" the standard GUI library for D. Means: Walter (the D
language creator) declared SWT/DWT as standard GUI. DWT is ATM en pair
with SWT 3.4M7, in other words bleeding edge.
So yes, DWT/JFace/Forms is for D what SWT etc. means for Eclipse/Java.

(It was allmost Frank Benoit, who made that hercules work) further
information at : http://www.dsource.org/projects/dwt

You'll also find links to DWT/JFace/Forms snippets on this page which
are most probabely usefull as snippet templates..

OFF TOPIC
Since about 3 years I am working on a realtime developer collaboration
IDE. (slightly different in that I am using a C/S RDBMS as SCM) Would be
interesting to exchange some ideas ...

Regards, Bjoern