documentation and papers about const/invariant

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Fri Jun 13 14:50:35 PDT 2008

Dee Girl wrote:
> Sean Kelly Wrote:
>
>> Robert Fraser wrote:
>>> There's http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/const.html
>> It sounded like Dee Girl was asking for a formal paper or proposal.
>
> Thank you both. Yes I was asking for something more.
>
> I think I understand how const/invariant works by doing test and reading Andrei ACCU slides and news group. The way const and invariant works is amazing. The most powerful I seen (better than javari!). But I hope I do not offend anyone if I say this. The article Here A Const, There A Const (http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/const.html) I think is very very badly written. It is even better if the article is removed! It seems to me it has < 0 value.

You understood it "by doing tests"...? You did read
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/const3.html , right? Although it
doesn't explain the const design/rationale process, like Sean mentioned,
I think it does a fair job of explaining the current const semantics.

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Developer, MSc. in CS/E graduate