Adding D Editor Support

janderson askme at me.com
Fri Jun 13 21:34:54 PDT 2008

Chris R. Miller wrote:
> Frank Benoit wrote:
>> Chris R. Miller schrieb:
>>
>>> Well there's your problem!  Come back later when you're educated.
>>
>> Why are you so unfriendly?
>
> Editors made by people who don't use the language - rather, by people
> who don't even know the language at all - are as a general rule very bad.
>
> I'm a firm believer in using the software you make, so people who toss
> in a few features to rope in a little more market share tend to tick me
> off.  Go big or go home, either do it right or not at all in my mind.

The more competition the better I say.  If people decide they don't like
  n-brain, they won't use it.  Let the people decide.  Having D in yet
another editor gives people choice.  Its yet another marketing resource
for D.  The more people that use D the better support D will get.

Also many languages share the same core mechanics so having a
multi-language editor is not all bad.  Hell, VS was never designed for
Lua or DSL but I need to switch to that sometimes and I want to use
something I'm familiar with.

-Joel