D learning curve

Sascha Katzner sorry.no at spam.invalid
Sat Jun 14 00:25:51 PDT 2008

Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
> It *has* a standard library.  It's Phobos.  It just so happens that
> many D users use Tango instead ;)  Of course that begs the question:
> is a "standard library" that is used by a minority all that
> "standard"?
                                             ^^^^^^^^
Do you have any proof other than the very unrepresentative poll in this
newsgroup that Tango has more users than Phobos? As far as I know no one
knows the ratio of Phobos and Tango users, so this statement is only an
assumption, based on what exactly? The hopes of Tango followers?

I don't mean to affront you or any other Tango user, but I respond very
harsh if I'm under the impression that someone uses propaganda to push
his goal.

Are there any download counts published that could give us a *hint* of
which library is used more often?

LLAP,
Sascha