Adding D Editor Support

Brian Price blprice61 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 14 08:59:05 PDT 2008

John A. De Goes Wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We're adding support for the D language to UNA (http://www.n-brain.net). The Personal Edition has been released free of charge (down from $100).
>
> However, none of us have used D so we'd like a bit of help.
>
> We've added support (in dev version) to matching messages of the form:
>
> foo.d(5): Warning: silly variable name
> foo.d(5): Error: spelling error in variable name "foobir"
>
> Assuming this is correct, we'd like to proceed with adding commonly used source code constructs, D idioms, and so forth. We call this 'source snippets'. Each source snippet has a few letter textual key. Typing that key and invoking the source snippet button inserts the snippet.
>
> So I'm soliciting for everyone's favorite source snippet.

Unsure how common this is but I find myself using the following handy construct (assume module name can be inserted by {module}:

version({module}_test)
{
   import std.stdio;
   unittest
  {
  }
  int main()
  {
    return 0;

This allows me to use the command line: dmd file1.d file2.d file3.d somelib.lib -unittest -version=file1_test.

This results in only the tests from the requested file being generated in the resulting executable.

Is it possible for custom snippets to be added by the user?

I look forward to trying out your IDE.

Thanks,
Brian