D learning curve

Sascha Katzner sorry.no at spam.invalid
Sat Jun 14 10:57:07 PDT 2008

Lutger wrote:
> You could look at the library code and projects at dsource that is
> being written. Most projects and almost every big project uses Tango.
> That is maybe even more important than the number of users.

If a specific project is significant or not is a highly subjective
decision and the pure count of projects which depend on either Phobos or
Tango doesn't say much about the real spread or significance of either one.

If you want to use other libraries and projects as a benchmark, you have
to weight them according to an objective criteria, such as their users
and their relevance... which seems to me more complex than the original
question.

And even if you successfully master this you don't account for a lot of
people who don't use any third party libs.

LLAP,
Sascha