CT Intel's new language

janderson askme at me.com
Sat Jun 14 11:08:43 PDT 2008

Alix Pexton wrote:
> Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> "janderson" <askme at me.com> wrote in message
>> news:g2vdg7$2uls$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>> Basically CT is C+++ which allows developers to write multicore code
>>> like they where programming for a single core.
>>>
>>> http://www.informationweek.com/news/software/development/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=208403616
>>>

>>> -Joel
>>
>> Another new natively-compiled C++ alternative? The cynic in me is
>> tempted to say, "Watch that end up stealing all of D's potential
>> user-base just because it has the backing of a major corporation."
>>
>> But really, it'll be interesting to see how it pans out. And what
>> exactly that "new 5%" is.
>>
> Maybe this article will help?
>
> http://www.intel.com/technology/itj/2007/v11i4/7-future-proof/1-abstract.htm
>

> I read about 5% before it went over my head ^^
>
> A...

The main enhancement seems to be a vector class that can perform in
Parallel.  That was on Walters to-do list for a long time, although it
was taken out at some point.

CT doesn't have no pure functions so I think D will still come out on
front eventually.  It would be nice when some benchmarks for the
performance of pure functions can be demo straited.  If D could somehow
tout it self as the next parallel programming language it has a real
chance of taking off.

-Joel