Map/Reduce/Filter

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Jun 18 09:59:38 PDT 2008

Walter Bright:
> We could sure use an article like this for D:
> http://www.25hoursaday.com/weblog/2008/06/16/FunctionalProgrammingInC30HowMapReduceFilterCanRockYourWorld.aspx
> Anyone game?

You know that I have spent many months to write a large group of mostly functional-style open source libs for D 1.x (quite more complete and smarter than the stuff in std.algorithm of 2.x, but possibly a bit slower), and on my blog I have discussed many times about this topic, showing usage examples too. So writing another smallish article about such usages seems possible.
But that article looks mostly about LINQ, that's much better (mostly because it's more integrated and pervasive in the language and systems usable from it, like the DBMS) than anything I can create with D. So maybe a comparison will not show many advantages compared to that LINQ code...

If someone else has some suggestions I'll willing to listen to them.

Bye and thank you for the suggestion,
bearophile