Adding D Editor Support

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Fri Jun 20 10:32:53 PDT 2008

== Quote from Ty Tower (tytower at hotmail.com)'s article
> Pick up most programming texts and they are crammed with
> "Here is what this chapter will teach you"
> "Here is a load of unnecessary garbage"
> "Here is the guts of it"
> "Here is what you have learnt in this chapter"
> "Here's what we will cover in the next chapter"
> and so on , so there is not much care about brevity that I have seen!

This format is actually pulled from Public Speaking, where it has been
shown that listeners retain the material better if you basically do:

1. "This is what I'm going to tell you"
2. Tell them
3. "In summary, here is what I've just told you"

It's also good practice to limit an instructional lecture to no more than
3-4 main points.  Done right, I think this is actually a very good format,
even in a book.  "The Pragmatic Programmer," for example, follows this
format and it's one of the best programming books I've ever read, and
also one of the most concise.

Sean