OT: Adding D Editor Support

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Fri Jun 20 10:39:12 PDT 2008

== Quote from Georg Wrede (georg at nospam.org)'s article
> Georg Wrede wrote:
> >
> > All of a sudden I heard the CPU fan revving up. I wondered what could be
> > the reason for it since I hadn't done anything exceptional for half an
> > hour. Turns out there's a banner ad on the TV programming page that
> > flashes pictures as fast as it can, with no pauses.
> Merely changing the applet to flip the pictures ten times a second would
> drop the CPU usage to almost undetectable levels. And the banner would
> still look the same.

No one ever said that banner ad creators had any degree of sense.  There are
some sites I refuse to go to now because of misbehaved banner ads the sites
contained.  In the case of unitedmedia.com (one site on my list), they had an
ad for a while that acted like a mini browser bomb.  They can't have possibly
tested it at all.

Sean