Spreading the word about D

Chris R. Miller lordSaurontheGreat at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 00:04:30 PDT 2008

Yigal Chripun wrote:
> D doesn't even have an agreed upon standard library, and you want the
> libs on dsource to not look like a mess?!

I try very hard not to touch that subject because people are so
passionate about the whole Phobos/Tango topic.  True, Tango is a great
library, and (at least in my opinion) is better than Phobos.  But it's
still Walter's language, and he can do whatever he wants.

> I know this subject was discussed many times before and that I haven't
> added anything new here but unfortunately there is no progress on the
> horizon. Also, having one common runtime upon which there would be two
> APIs (phobos and tango) is not a solution. The language needs to provide
> one standard API for common constructs like IO and such.

I think that one of the subjects for discussion at this years D
Conference is that very topic.  I might have heard wrong, but that's the
impression I was under.