Spreading the word about D

Chris R. Miller lordSaurontheGreat at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 00:14:03 PDT 2008

Erik Lechak wrote:
> I was thinking about writing a simple multi-player 3rd person space-shooter game in D.    I was slowly tinkering with it myself to get into the D programming language, but if anyone is interested,  it would be a good project to cooperatively learn, promote, and develop in D.

That's hilarious, because yesterday I randomly thought to myself "I
should write a flight simulator."  Then I slapped myself because I have
no experience in 3D programming.

> So if anyone is interested in learning D, Derelict (openGL, SDL, openAL), and other D related stuff, by developing an open source game reply or send me an email.

Sounds fun.  I wouldn't want to volunteer myself until you gave a bit
more specifics about the scope of the project, complexity, completion
timeline, etc.  But that should probably be in a whole different thread.