Spreading the word about D

Jacob Carlborg doobnet at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 04:39:09 PDT 2008

Robert Fraser wrote:
> Vincenzo Ampolo wrote:
>> ... and a real and usable IDE...
>
> In what ways is Decent not "real" or "usable" and how can we address this?

First I can say that I have quite high standards but I only need a
couple of features but I want them to work, every time and to be as good
as JDT or better. Like autocompletion, go to definition, project
explorer, automatic generation of documentation comments, ddoc view,
highlighting of all occurrences of the current token under the cursor,
syntax errors and some semantic errors are shown with a reg squiggle,
syntax highlighting, formatter and a build system. Yes all of these
exist in descent, except a build system, but all of them don't work all
the time.

Example: autocompletion, go to definition and syntax errors and some
semantic errors stop to work perhaps 50-100 lines down the code.
Sometimes just a few lines down the code.

I must say that in my opinion descent is the best IDE/editor for D there is.