D2 status interim report ?

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Sun Jun 22 16:05:24 PDT 2008

== Quote from Walter Bright (newshound1 at digitalmars.com)'s article
> Extrawurst wrote:
> >
> > My final bid is again, please let the community know what your roadmap
> > is, so we can stop wonder how and if all this is still going to be part
> > of D2.0 which was intended to become stable in this years fall.
> There was a shift in focus, we're working a lot on trying to figure out
> a better way to do multithreaded programming.

There are decades of research in SMP and a raft of established practice...
outside of the classic and frustrating explicit use of mutexes and the like.
Why not agents, CSP, transactional memory, plain old parallel programming
instructions as per languages like Cilk, etc?  This is one area where I don't
think D should necessarily try to re-invent the wheel.

Sean