Spreading the word about D

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Jun 23 00:49:06 PDT 2008

"Robert Fraser" <fraserofthenight at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:g3l8pq$2vo1$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Vincenzo Ampolo wrote:
>> ... and a real and usable IDE...
>
> In what ways is Decent not "real" or "usable" and how can we address this?

Aside from the speed that's already been mentioned, I've always found
Eclipse to be very Java-centric (which is to be expected, of course)
Obviously that's not really major issue, but in the long-term I'd like to
see a major D IDE that isn't based so heavily around the details of another
language. Something either more D-oriented or more language-agnostic (I know
Eclipse *is* largely language-agnostic, but it just doesn't always *feel*
like it.) D could use *it's own* Eclipse, not just an Eclipse plug-in. But
again, I'm talking long-term here, not immediate issues.