Spreading the word about D

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Mon Jun 23 01:33:43 PDT 2008

Yigal Chripun wrote:
> Walter Bright wrote:
>>> There is a D programming group on Google groups. The probably is that
>>> no one is there. There are people signed up for it, like 60, but the
>>> help seems to come from the ng so there isn't much point posting
>>> there. As of right now, I can tell you there is no spam coming in. I
>>> even set it up te send me emails upon any message posting since
>>> activity is so low. It would be great to see the news move in my opinion.
>> What's better about google groups? (I find the Thunderbird newsreader
>> better than g.g.)
>
> My suggestion is not to replace the NG. All the regulars can and should
> keep their favorite news-readers. I merely suggested to mirror the NG
> there as a /much/ better web front that what's in use on digitalmars.com

I think somebody tried that before, but to get google to mirror an NG
you have to convince google it's a major enough NG to be worth
mirroring.   Apparently they weren't convinced at the time.

Certainly worth giving it another shot I suppose.  Eventually if enough
people ask, you'd have to think they'd decide that it's easier to just
mirror the darned thing than keep dealing with all the requests to
mirror it.

--bb