Spreading the word about D

Yigal Chripun yigal100 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 01:47:55 PDT 2008

Walter Bright wrote:
> Robert Fraser wrote:
>> Walter Bright wrote:
>>>
>>> The current D website is set up to need minimal attention to keep it
>>> running.
>>
>> But if other people could keep it running for you, would you be averse
>> to that?
>
> No, but it would be a major job for someone.

The community is willing to take that job on itself. That'll improve
many aspects of the site without any work on your part. you can continue
to work on DMD without troubling yourself with maintaining a website.
isn't it a win-win situation for all of us? all we need is your approval
Also, a community site can have several maintainers which can split the
work among themselves and delegate some of the work to the community at
large (like submitting code examples, articles, etc to the site).

This can be a huge step forward for D.