Spreading the word about D

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 18:33:34 PDT 2008

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 00:36:23 -0700, Walter Bright wrote:

> Jesse Phillips wrote:
>>> Also, what about using Google groups?
>>
>> There is a D programming group on Google groups. The probably is that
>> no one is there. There are people signed up for it, like 60, but the
>> help seems to come from the ng so there isn't much point posting there.
>> As of right now, I can tell you there is no spam coming in. I even set
>> it up te send me emails upon any message posting since activity is so
>> low. It would be great to see the news move in my opinion.
>
> What's better about google groups? (I find the Thunderbird newsreader
> better than g.g.)

Personally, like others, my only problem is on the go. I use Pan am quite
happy reading the news groups with it. If the website when reddit style
with it, including logins to remember read posts, I'd start using the web
interface. Even if it didn't remember what I read, I could use it to
check for new posts when I'm not at my computer which I currently do not
do.