Spreading the word about D

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 24 06:55:42 PDT 2008

"David Ferenczi" <raggae at ferenczi.net> wrote in message
news:g3qn16$p5f$1 at digitalmars.com...

> For a successful promotion I think some precondition should be met:
> 1) The compiler should be (almost) bugfree, so that the user has no doubt,
> whether the used language construct is worng or the compiler has a bug.
> Yes, the language specification may give a hint, but a solid reference
> compiler is essential.

I second this.  Walter, can we have -- for once -- a pause in the
development of new features in favor of a slew of bugfixes?  We had that one
glorious period the couple months before 1.0 came out.  If that kind of
thing carried on for 6 months, probably a great majority of the bugs could
be fixed.

Maybe once the 2.0 spec is finalized, focus could be shifted entirely to
implementing it correctly and making DMDFE far more robust than it is now.
I think newcomers would appreciate a working compiler more than a token
announcement that "2.0 is out!".