Generic const - a non-functional view

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 13:26:21 PDT 2008

Steven Schveighoffer, el 24 de junio a las 13:30 me escribiste:
> I understand that this proposal might be difficult to implement in the
> compiler, and it might just be not worth the effort.  There are a lot of
> problems that can be solved by not using const or using interfaces, instead
> of these constructs.  However, this proposal represents what I think is the
> most lenient and flexible proposal that is also const-correct from those I
> have read, and allows for almost any const contract specification (excluding
> head-const).  Whether it gets implemented or not, it was interesting to
> think about how to solve all these problems, and I enjoyed the challenge.

I agree with this. I think it´s wonderful, well thought proposal, which
seems to address almost all the const issues in an elegant way, but I find
it a little too complex and hard to understand/explain to worth it
(besides the possible complex implementation).

But I think this proposal is very rich in terms of understanding the "const
problem" and things that can or can´t be done using const.