Spreading the word about D

Yigal Chripun yigal100 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 21:54:22 PDT 2008

janderson wrote:
> Yigal Chripun wrote:
>> B) I think that there should be separation between the D language itself
>> and Walter's site. Walter's site should be about his implementation -
>> DMD, and a different site should be created for the D language
>> specification itself which would point to all the related sites, like
>> digital mars, the GDC site (do they even have a site?), Dsource, etc...
>> I know there once was a d-programming-language.com site which could be
>> made the official gateway to all info related to the language.
>
> If Walter where to go this route, I think the DigitalMars D site would
> have to automatically go to that website, and the D implementation would
> have to live in a slightly different location.  The fact is, when
> someone searches for D they always get the DigitalMars site.  I still
> think one well designed, good looking webpage would do much for
> popularizing D.
>
> -Joel

I disagree. If you create a new site on www.d-programming-language.org
[a domain already owned by Walter] and put links to all D related sites,
than searching for "D programming language" will match the domain /and/
all the info and this site will quickly become the 1st search result.
Besides, it makes sense that Walter's site would be about /Walter's/
implementation of the language while a separate D-languge site would be
about the general specification of D.