Unofficial wish list status.(Jul 2008)

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.co
Mon Jun 30 16:35:36 PDT 2008

4tuu4k002 at sneakemail.com:
> This is the monthly status for the unofficial d wish list:

It's curious to see that many or most of the top desired things don't seem among the list of the next things planned as improvements/changes for the D/DMD. I don't know what this means. Are people asking for unimportant things? Are the D designers smarter? Are the two groups ignoring each other?

When I think about such matters I remember a quote, usually attributed to Henry Ford: "If I'd asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse."
So maybe D programmers want faster horses, while D developers are inventing/providing cars :-) I don't know.

Bye,
bearophile