Feature Request - Raw HTML in ddoc comments

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 1 23:51:21 PST 2008

On 02/03/2008, Derek Parnell <derek at psych.ward> wrote:
> I already told you!

But I asked a follow-up question, which you didn't answer.

> That's why I have doubts about you actually reading
>  stuff.

Oh, don't doubt me on that one. I'm very studious. And actually, your
implication there is kinda insulting, because it sort of assumes I'm
too stupid to get it (or else actually lying!). Well, maybe I am too
stupid to get it. Maybe that's the explanation.

> So here it is again...
>
>   this function converts $(AMP)amp$(SC) to $(AMP)
>
> AMP=&
>  SC=;

And here's my followup question again. WHERE do I write

    AMP=&
    SC=;

(although in fact I believe it should be "AMP=&amp;", not "AMP=&",
because "&amp;", not "&", is what needs to appear in the generated
HTML source).

WHERE do I write that? Do I write it in the source code of my .d file?
Because, my understanding is that the .d source should only contain
the macros, not the macro definitions. (In fact, those definitions
/must/ be external to the .d file, because otherwise you wouldn't want
HTML-specific defintions in a destination-independent file).

Thank you for your kind understanding of my clear lack of intelligence!