DDoc and @comments

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 11:18:16 PST 2008

Jesse Phillips wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 21:36:23 +1300, Paul Findlay wrote:
>
>>> It is not a big problem for me and I am only bringing it up because it
>>> is not quite right.  If somebody is interested to correct this
>>> behaviour in DMD  using the -D switch then I figure this is the place
>>> it should be.
>> I think DDoc is not going to treat them as needing a line break because
>> there is no paragraph break. Are you wanting DDoc to interpret them
>> javadoc style?
>>
>> It looks like the dwt comments are copied and pasted from some java code
>>
>>  - Paul
>
> The DWT port is done from the Java files themselves. So it is likely that
> the comments are not getting ported, I am sure there is original D code
> in the port, but it would appear these are just from the original
> document.

Yes, they are from the original java files.  In fact, there's
comparatively little original D code in the port considering the size of
the project.  Most of it is /lots/ of small changes from the Java source
(types, boolean expressions, consts, keywords, C bindings), although
there was a lot of work in translating java mechanisms to D (due to
language differences in things like overriding and static constructors).
  This is a good thing because it means tracking future SWT versions
should not be too difficult.

We haven't touched doc comments yet.  That will have to come later when
the ports are complete... or if somebody steps up to take on the challenge.

-JJR