DDoc and @comments

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Sun Mar 2 16:58:19 PST 2008

Ty Tower wrote:
> Mike Parker Wrote:
>
>> Ty Tower wrote:

>>> People who post without reading the previous posts really piss me off
>>> Spend some time and think about the problem first. I know its not your problem to worry about but I post looking for some sort of answer to my question.
>>>
>> I'm glad it pissed you off. Now please remember it the next time you
>> want to insult someone who is trying to help you. There are several
>> friendly people around here who have helped you with DWT and other
>> issues, yet you have repeatedly insulted them when their answers to your
>> questions didn't get you where you wanted to be. I know that some people
>> are ignoring your posts entirely now.
>>
>> I normally don't post unless I have something to contribute to the
>> conversation, but in this case I really wanted to point out that you are
>> stretching the limits of tolerance. Please be more considerate in future
>> else you'll alienate more people.
>
> In your opinion heh? - the post stands  and applies .People like yourself should be encouraged not to post because they post on a whim without knowlege of what they are talking about because they misunderstood the question.
> You did not read the previous material and it shows .
>
> If my comments offend you then don't read them -I'll take my chances.

Many of the question you have asked really have been vague, Ty.  People
are trying to answer the best they can with the scanty information you
are giving them.  Not because they have to, but out of the kindness of
their hearts.  And when they happen to be wrong, you lash back at them.
  Welcome to planet earth.  People have their own lives here, which
don't happen to revolve around you and your needs.  Please forgive us
for not dropping everything and catering to your every beck and call and
reading every post of yours forwards and backwards five times looking
for hidden clues.

Anyway, if you haven't gathered by now, the @ comments you see in DWT
are there because the source was translated from Java and the comments
just haven't been fixed to be DDoc syntax yet.

If you'd like to lash back at me for this reply, then I will be happy to
cease all correspondence with you until you can learn some manners.

Regards,
--bb