Compiler says it does something that it does not do

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 23:45:12 PST 2008

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 18:05:41 +1100, Derek Parnell wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 01:53:51 -0500, Ty Tower wrote:
>
>> Now what I am suggesting is that the message out from the compiler is
>> ...wrong.
>
> Yes, it looks like a mistake somewhere. I do not use Linux nor DSSS, but
> it looks like this message is issued by DSSS or Rebuild and not the DMD
> compiler. I'm just guessing though.
>
> In an effort to help you isolate the source of the message, is this a
> simple program such that you can use the DMD command line or is DSSS
> needed for this one? If you can though, just try the dmd command line to
> see if you still get the message.

Derek,
I just wish to inform you that your assumption is correct in it being a
message generated by DSSS. The fact is there is no reason to print that
message, so I don't know why it does. All it seems to have done is made
some confusion. If you would like more detail about it I would be happy
to tell you. If I see GragorR around I will attempt to inform him of
making a correction.