Compiler says it does something that it does not do

Bastiaan Veelo Bastiaan at Veelo.net
Tue Mar 4 02:37:27 PST 2008

Ty Tower wrote:
> BCS wrote:
>
>> See Gregor's reply to me (~9hr ago in cases he responds again and
>> make that ambiguous)
>
> Look I think I am missing something here. Firstly what nationality are
> you ? What is your native language? You do very well in English for a
> learner but I am having difficulty understanding the meaning in your
> posts.

What?? I'd say you are not doing nearly as well. You should know that
this comes across as a blatant insult. If this was not your intention
then an apology is in place; if it was, then I suggest you go play some
place else. There may be communities where you gain points by insulting
others, but this is not one of them.

> I saw Gregor's reply and my post was in reply to that. The message
> should not show up as nothing is installed .
>
> This does not mean it is OK for the message to show up . It means it
> is not right for the message to show up ?

Indeed. So what part did you miss? Maybe this: "right now I'm doing some
rearchitecting and this should probably be fixed there." [Gregor
Richards] In other words, it is a known issue and it will probably be
corrected in the future.

Bastiaan.