We need to clarify if 'real' is the 'default floating point type' or not.

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Tue Mar 4 04:30:13 PST 2008

sclytrack wrote:

>>> So I think we should have 2 new aliases. One for a default int (at least
>>> 32-bit) and one for a default float (at least double). On X86/87 these
>>> new aliases would map to int and real respectively.
>
> I think D types should be int8 int32, float32 defined with a number.
>
> Things like int, float without number are all "aliases".

I'm not sure that it matters which type is the compiler built-in and
which one is the alias ? At least not enough to change at this point.

alias  byte   int8_t;
alias  int    int32_t;

But apparently it is common enough to resurface here every year...
Maybe it should be entered into the FAQ, for the language design ?

--anders