Sadness

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Tue Mar 4 04:31:37 PST 2008

Jascha Wetzel wrote:
> Bill Baxter wrote:
>> Anyone have a clue where to look for how to work around this?
>
> if it's D1.0, maybe try GDC with cygwin.

I found a workaround.

I think it's a symbol length issue.
I was putting an alias for this type:
S5dflat14SparseGeMatrix48__T14SparseGeMatrixTS5dflat3CCS10__T3CCSTfZ3CCSZ14SparseGeMatrix

inside a class with a template paramter of this type:
C8OpenMesh4Core4Mesh21PolyMesh_ArrayKernelT27__T21PolyMesh_ArrayKernelTZ21PolyMesh_ArrayKernelT

Is the combination of those enough to send OPTLINK past it's symbol
length limit?

Anyway, if I put the alias outside that class it links ok.

--bb