Totally OT: Quantum Mechanics proof for the existence of a Supreme Conciousness?

Ty Tower tytower at hotmail.com.au
Wed Mar 5 00:04:39 PST 2008

Gregor Richards wrote:

> 3) Because the bullet affects the cat, the quantum state of the cat
> is now defined with the bullet as a variable:
> The 50% chance that the cat was alive now becomes a 49.995% chance
> that the cat is dead and a 0.005% chance the cat is dead.
> The 50% chance that the cat was dead is still a 50% chance that the
> cat is dead (no use shooting a dead cat :P )
> So: The cat's state is now 99.995% dead and 0.005% alive.

Yep this is the old bunkum bit
With quantum Mechanics you can prove the probability of anything

Look more closely at this
Assuming there is no argument with points 1 & 2 ,and there is ,
"The 50% chance that the cat was alive now becomes a 49.995% chance
that the cat is dead and a 0.005% chance the cat is dead.
So: The cat's state is now 99.995% dead and 0.005% alive."

OK so it could have been alive or dead when it went in the box . If it
was dead then the bullet still gets fired at a dead cat

If it was alive then there is now a good chance it is not now and
after all you are shooting at a box knowing the cat is in it.

The result of shooting at a box is dependent on the shooter's ability
but 49.995% is a gross over estimation say 80% chance more likely
So when it went in it had a 1 in 2 chance of being alive
After we shot the box it then had a 1 in 10 chance of being alive

Pretty close to normal for a cat with 9 lives