Thanks for putting up with me

Trevor Parscal trevorparscal at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 5 23:13:53 PST 2008

I was reading through some of the articles I posted on this group over the past few years, many written with an ignorant or at least not-yet-educated and quick to jump to rash conclusions perspective - and I must say, I was a little embarrassed.

* I actually thought it was rediculous to use a single letter as a variable name. Now I do it often - like when calculating bezier curves for instance...

* I really thought it was important to allow a package and a module to have the same name - now I just use package Module case.

* I seriously thought it was crucial that phobos reorganize and change it's name. Now I just use tango.

* I brought way to many bad C++ habits with me when i switched, and was to resistant to embrace the D style guide.

* I thought too much in absolutes, and saw very little gray scale. Thus I once was bool and now am real. :)

* I used the word ownedah (as in owned, see urban dictionary if you still don't get it)

* I was probably annoying as hell.

So, while I may still possess some of those traits from time to time, I feel I have come a very long way as a programmer, and thank you all for your patience with my antics. Even when I was probably irritating, no one ever made me feel unwelcome. I look forward to being a part of the D community for many more years to come.

- Trevor Parscal